By The Associated Press
Companies with television networks have begun releasing their earnings reports for the latest quarter. Here's a look at reports for selected television network companies.
- Friday: Comcast Corp., which owns NBC, got a boost from being the official broadcaster of the Olympics. Comcast says it took in $1.19 billion in revenue for the Olympics alone during the quarter, topping the $1.18 billion paid for the rights, though the company had expenses for camera crews, announcers and the like. Broadcast ad revenue at NBC more than doubled to $1.99 billion, and rose 9 percent excluding the Olympics. Ad revenue on pay TV networks such as Bravo, CNBC, MSNBC and NBC Sports was up less than 1 percent to $807 million.
- Thursday: Scripps Networks Interactive Inc.
- Nov. 6: News Corp. (Fox owner)
- Nov. 7: Time Warner Inc., CBS Corp.
- Nov. 8: The Walt Disney Co. (ABC owner), AMC Networks Inc.
- Nov. 15: Viacom Inc.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.