By The Associated Press
Apple has sold more than 84 million iPads since its debut in 2010. The latest model debuted just two weeks before the start of Apple's April-June quarter, which became a record-setter in iPad sales. On Tuesday, Apple is expected to unveil a smaller iPad, which could further boost sales.
Here's the breakdown of iPad sales by quarter.
- 3.3 million in fiscal third quarter 2010 (through June 26); iPad went on sale April 3, 2010.
- 4.2 million in fiscal fourth quarter 2010 (through Sept. 25)
- 7.3 million in fiscal first quarter 2011 (through Dec. 25)
- 4.7 million in fiscal second quarter 2011 (through March 26); iPad 2 went on sale March 11, 2011.
- 9.3 million in fiscal third quarter 2011 (through June 25)
- 11.1 million in fiscal fourth quarter 2011 (through Sept. 24)
- 15.4 million in fiscal first quarter 2012 (through Dec. 31, 2011)
- 11.8 million in fiscal second quarter 2012 (through March 31, 2012); third-generation iPad went on sale March 16.
- 17 million in fiscal third quarter 2012 (through June 30, 2012).
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.