By The Associated Press
Cable and satellite TV companies have begun releasing their earnings reports for the latest quarter. Here is a summary of earnings reports for selected companies and what they reveal about the industry's prospects.
- Oct. 18: Verizon Communications Inc. added 119,000 FiOS video customers in the third quarter to end with 4.6 million.
- Wednesday: AT&T Inc. says it added 198,000 U-verse TV subscribers to reach 4.3 million.
- Friday: Comcast Corp.
- Oct. 31: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Nov. 1: Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Nov. 6: DirecTV Group Inc., Dish Network Corp., Charter Communications Inc.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.