By The Associated Press
Facebook and other companies that went public recently will start reporting quarterly earnings later this month, generally for the July-September quarter.
Zynga Inc., the maker "FarmVille" and other online games, has announced that it expects a loss for the third quarter due to weak demand for some of its titles. It's also taking a charge related to its acquisition of OMGPop, a mobile game maker, which it bought for $183 million in March. Zynga's stock fell on the next trading day.
Here's a schedule for earnings reports from some tech companies that had IPOs since last year. The companies are all loosely Internet-related, though their businesses vary widely.
- Tuesday: Facebook Inc. (first day of trading on May 18, 2012)
- Wednesday: Zynga Inc. (first day of trading on Dec. 16, 2011), Angie's List Inc. (first day of trading on Nov. 17, 2011)
- Nov. 1: LinkedIn Corp. (first day of trading on May 19, 2011), Yelp Inc. (first day of trading on March 2, 2012)
- Nov. 5: Jive Software Inc. (first day of trading on Dec. 13, 2011)
- Nov. 8: Groupon Inc. (first day of trading on Nov. 4, 2011)
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.