By The Associated Press
Later this month, several technology companies will begin releasing their earnings reports for the latest quarter. The reports will generally cover the July-September period, though some companies have fiscal quarters that depart from that.
Last week, Samsung Electronics Co. forecast another record quarterly operating profit, likely driven by strong sales of high-end smartphones that offset weak semiconductor orders. Samsung estimated that its July-September operating income nearly doubled to 8.1 trillion won ($7.3 billion) from 4.25 trillion won a year earlier. The result was better than the market consensus of 7.6 trillion won. Full results are expected later this month, though a specific date is not yet known.
Here's the schedule for selected technology companies. Dates for many companies are not yet known.
- Oct. 16: Intel Corp., IBM Corp.
- Oct. 17: eBay Inc.
- Oct. 18: Google Inc., Microsoft Corp., Advanced Micro Devices Inc., Verizon Communications Inc.
- Oct. 22: Yahoo Inc.
- Oct. 23: Facebook Inc., Netflix Inc.
- Oct. 24: Zynga Inc., AT&T Inc.
- Oct. 25: Apple Inc., Sprint Nextel Corp.
- Oct. 26: Comcast Corp.
- Nov. 1: Sony Corp.
- Nov. 8: Groupon Inc.
- Nov. 13: Cisco Systems Inc.
- Nov. 20: Hewlett-Packard Co., Dell Inc.
- Dec. 20: Research In Motion Ltd.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.