1. December 5, 2012 — Facing their first worthy opponent of the season, Kelly Olynyk and the Gonzaga Bulldogs edged out the scrappy Cougars of Washington State in a fantastic 71-69 finish. Going 10 of 14 from the floor, Olynyk's 20 points lead Gonzaga to a marginal victory in Pullman.
2. December 15, 2012 — In the annual Battle in Seattle, the Zags faced a very talented Kansas State squad from the Big 12. Olynyk's 20-point, 10 of 13 night propelled the Zags to a decisive 16-point victory.
3. December 31, 2012 — On the last day of 2012, the Zags faced their toughest challenge yet as they traveled to Stillwater, Okla., to take on the Cowboys of Oklahoma State. In an epic showdown, Olynyk went 7 of 12 from the hardwood and added 21 points as the Zags survived the scare, 69-68, to propel them to an AP top-10 ranking.
4. January 5, 2013 — Less than a week later, the No. 10 Zags entered league play against an upset hungry Santa Clara squad. Olynyk didn't miss a beat, as his season-high 33 points on 12 of 15 shooting lead Gonzaga to an 81-74 win and 16-1 record.
5. January 10, 2013 — Facing a respectable rival lead by veteran captain Matthew Dellavedova, the Zags faced the Gaels of Saint Mary's at McCarthy Athletic Center. Although Gonzaga blew more than a 20-point lead late in the second half, Olynyk's 31 points on 11 of 19 shooting gave the Zags just enough cushion to defeat Saint Mary's 83-78 for their seventh straight victory.