UPDATE: Avista has finished their investigation on E. South Riverton. They did not find a theft of power. The family can't live in the house anymore, the fire department said it was not safe.
SPOKANE, Wash. - Fire crews have told the family that they can not occupy the house on East South Riverton because it is unsafe. They are allowed to go in and get their things, but no one is allowed to live there until the home is fixed. Red Cross did respond to help out. TWEET FROM Katie Steiner: Just talked to Avista Utilities, there was an extension cord running from the neighbor's house to the house that caught fire.
SPOKANE, Wash. - On Tuesday morning firefighters responded to a house fire on E. Riverton. 4 teenagers were inside of the home at the time. They were awoken by smoke in the home. No injuries have been reported. Avista is investigating a possible illegal hookup of electricity. A fire broke out at the same home just a week a go on Wednesday, January 16th.