SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Two people were taken to the hospital following a house fire in Spokane Valley Friday morning.
The fire broke out just after 1:30am at a home in the 4900 block of East First Avenue, near the Spokane Valley Costco.
Fire officials say the injuries are not serious, and both are expected to make full recoveries. However, the home was destroyed in the fire.
Fire crews tell KHQ that the most difficult part of fighting this fire was the heavy smoke and the debris that was all over the outside of the house and the inside.
Avista Utilities cut power to the home, and when it did, it also cut power to neighboring homes as well. But the utility company managed to get the power back to the other homes within 15 minutes.
Authorities say they believe the fire started in the fire place.