SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Firefighters responded to a Haz-Mat call to a Spokane Valley hotel Sunday afternoon after receiving multiple complaints of some sort of irritant. When the first engine arrived they saw multiple people affected and called for more engines. Not knowing what they were dealing with, firefighters cautiously began their investigation. A short time later they were able to determine that a cleaning lady found some pepper spray or bear mace in the garbage of one of the rooms and may have accidentally dispensed the spray. Other people throwing garbage away stirred up the mace and it ended up spreading through the hotel. The hotel was evacuated and firefighters checked out 9-10 people complaining of symptoms, but no one was taken to the hospital. The hotel is back to normal operations.