KHQ.COM - This year's Martin Luther King Jr. Day Parade, happening January 21, 2013 at 10 am in downtown Spokane will feature enhanced SPD officer presence including:
· Uniformed officers at every intersection,
· An emergency command post along the parade route,
· Members of the Explosive Disposal Unit on site to ensure a rapid response to any possible issues,
· The Chief of Police and other SPD leadership walking in the parade, and
· Additional behind the scenes measures to ensure community safety.
With increased officer presence as well as behind the scenes safety precautions, it the pledge of the officers of the Spokane Police Department to keep our community safe at the MLK Day Parade and throughout the year.