SPOKANE, Wash. - A ruptured natural gas line resulted in a gas-fed fire that spread to equipment and a nearby home. It happened on Friday morning.
A backhoe at the home caused the fire when it hit a gas line while digging.
The three people in the home managed to get out safely along with 5 cats and 2 dogs; 2 cats are still unaccounted for.
Crews want to remind everyone to be careful around gas lines on your property and to always call Avista at 811 before you dig deeper than a foot. Those who fail to call before digging can be penalized with a hefty fine.