SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Fire crews responded to the 18000 block of East Turtle Creek Lane Friday afternoon after a neighbors called to report the strong smell of natural gas.
When crews arrived they found a car had somehow rolled into a home and severed a gas line.
The driver says he had stopped to check his mail and may have not put the car in park.
As he was out of the car it started rolling, eventually rolling right into a neighbor's home.
No one was inside either the home... or the car... at the time of the accident...
Five homes were evacuated due to the natural gas leak...
No one was injured, and the home did not sustain any serious damage.
Avista was able to get the gas shut off and get everyone back inside.