UPDATED PRESS RELEASE FROM GRANT COUNTY: Grant County Detectives investigating the apparent shooting death of a man found Wednesday morning in Warden want the public to know the following important information: 1. All those persons involved in this incident are accounted for and have been interviewed by detectives.
2. This incident is not "gang-involved."
3. The man found dead was 21 years old.
4. The two crime scenes – one on State Route 262 near Glen Williams Boat Launch, and the other at 313 Main St. in Warden – are connected with this single incident.
5. Detectives today are awaiting a warrant to search the vehicle involved in this incident.
6. Detectives are awaiting the results of the Coroner's autopsy, schedule for today at 11:00 a.m.
7. As with any investigation involving a death with unusual circumstances, detectives are treating this as a homicide, but it is important to note it has not yet been classified as a homicide. Always erring the side of duty, detectives investigate suspicious deaths as a homicide until all interviews and evidence are collected and analyzed, and then make their final determination after all those steps are completed.
PRESS RELEASER FROM GRANT COUNTY: Grant County detectives are investigating the death of a man in Warden. Just before midnight Sept. 25, Grant County Deputies answered a 9-1-1 call for a disturbance in the 6700 block of State Route 262 East near the Glen Williams boat launch in south central Grant County. The person calling reported a disturbance and said a body was loaded into a car and the car sped off. About 30 minutes later, Warden Police answered a call for help for a man with a gunshot wound at 313 Main Street. Once there Police and Deputies found a man dead in a car outside an apartment building. Early indication is the victim died from gunshot wound. It's early in the investigation and many facts are not yet known. The Coroner has custody of the body and the vehicle has been seized as evidence. Witness interviews are underway. Detectives are processing evidence at a few different locations, and it appears the SR262 and Main Street incidents are connected. It will likely be several hours before additional information is released. More information will be sent when available. The identity of the victim will be released by the Coroner once confirmed and family has been notified. Warden Police, Grant County Sheriff's Office, Othello Police, Washington State Patrol, Grant County Coroner's Office and the Multi Agency Communications Center all helped with this incident.
UPDATE: The victim who was killed in Warden died by a gun shot wound....the coroner is now in possession of the body. There's still no identification and there's no word if a suspect is on the loose.
WARDEN, Wash. - Authorities in Grant County are investigating a body found in Warden early Wednesday.
Police say just before midnight Grant County Police received a call that a man had been pulled into a vehicle in the 6700 block of State Route 262 East near the Mardon Recreation area. Then 30 minutes later a man was found dead in a car at 313 Main St.
No word on a suspect. The cause of death has not been released.