BBC.COM - A teenager has had emergency surgery to remove her stomach after drinking a cocktail containing liquid nitrogen.
Lancashire Police say Gaby Scanlon was out with friends in Lancaster last Thursday (4 October) when it happened.
The 18-year-old is reported to have become breathless and developed severe stomach pain before being taken to Royal Lancaster Infirmary.
Officers say she would have died if doctors had not performed the operation.
The woman, from Heysham in Lancashire, was taken from Oscar's wine bar to hospital at 11pm. click here to read more