By The Associated Press
With the 9 p.m. closing time, Romney wins several states in the South and in the heartland. Obama wins New York, with 29 electoral votes, and Michigan, with 16 electoral votes.
- Texas (38 electoral votes)
- South Dakota (3 electoral votes)
- North Dakota (3 electoral votes)
- Louisiana (8 electoral votes)
- Kansas (6 electoral votes)
- Wyoming (3 electoral votes)
- Nebraska (4 electoral votes, 1 still to be called)
EDITOR'S NOTE - Election Watch shows you Election Day 2012 through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.