By By The Associated Press
Notable shootings at shopping malls worldwide:
- Dec. 11, 2012: A masked gunman wearing camouflage opened fire at the Clackamas Town Center in Portland, Ore., killing two people and wounding another before taking his own life.
- Oct. 21, 2012: Radcliffe Haughton, 45, killed his wife and two others when he opened fire at a spa at a major shopping mall in Brookfield, Wis., where his wife worked. He then killed himself.
- June 2, 2012: One person was killed and seven others injured in a shooting at the Eaton Centre in Toronto. Police said the suspect and two of the victims were members of the same gang.
- Oct. 29, 2011: Hundreds of people cowered for two hours inside a shopping mall in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, while security forces traded gunfire with armed men in the parking lot and then searched stores for suspects. No one was injured.
- April 9, 2011: Tristan van der Vlis, 24, fired more than 100 rounds from three guns in a suburban Dutch shopping mall, killing six people before turning one of the weapons on himself.
- Jan. 5, 2011: A man exchanged gunfire with police at Chandler Fashion Center in suburban Phoenix, sending shoppers fleeing and prompting a mall lockdown as the suspect holed up in a fast food restaurant. There were no injuries.
- June 6, 2010: A gunman shot and killed four people and wounded three others at a restaurant inside a Miami-area mall before killing himself.
- Dec. 31, 2009: A lone gunman dressed in black killed four people in the Sello shopping mall in Espoo, Finland, before returning home and taking his own life.
- May 18, 2009: Up-and-coming rapper Dolla was fatally shot in a parking garage at the upscale Beverly Center mall in Los Angeles.
- Nov. 22, 2008: A teenager was killed and another was seriously wounded in a shooting at the Southcenter Mall near Seattle. The mall was locked down for six hours as police tried in vain to find the gunman.
- Oct. 8, 2008: A shooting that stemmed from a complaint over a clothing purchase left a store employee dead and sent panicked shoppers running for cover at the Knoxville Center Mall in Tennessee.
- July 16, 2008: S.A. Carson, 48, fatally shot his ex-wife while she sat on a bench at the Jamestown Mall near St. Louis, then shot himself, collapsing next to his ex-wife's body and terrifying merchants and shoppers. No one else was hurt.
- Dec. 5, 2007: A 19-year-old man with a rifle opened fire at Westroads Mall in Omaha, Neb., killing eight people before taking his own life. Five people are wounded, two critically.
- April 29, 2007: David W. Logsdon, 51, shot and killed two people when he opened fire at the Ward Parkway Center in Kansas City, Mo. Logsdon died in a shootout with police.
- Feb. 12, 2007: Sulejman Talovic, 18, killed five people and wounded four others at the Trolley Square mall in Salt Lake City, Utah. Talovic died at the scene in a shootout with police.
- Nov. 20, 2005: Dominick Sergio Maldonado, 22, wounded seven people and took four others hostage in the Tacoma Mall in Tacoma, Wash. The rampage left one victim partially paralyzed.
- Jan. 3, 2000: A 17-year-old was killed and an 8-year-old boy was wounded in a shooting at the Galleria mall in White Plains, N.Y.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.