LONDON (AP) - British mobile phone company O2 said Thursday that its 2G and 3G services had been restored following a breakdown which affected some customers for 24 hours.
The company said it had restored by early afternoon, after problems blighted its network starting Wednesday.
"Our tests show that 2G and 3G services are now back for all affected customers." O2 said on its website.
O2 said a fault in one of its network systems at midday Wednesday prevented some mobile phone users from registering correctly.
The problem is not related to a specific location or range of mobile numbers, the company said, so the impact on customers was random.
"The fault is not related to signal strength or network availability from our mobile masts, which is why phones may still be showing full signal," the company said.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.