This position oversees all aspects of the promotions for KFFX and KCYU with the overall goal to positively advance the stations’ images and to increase ratings. Responsibilities include creating, writing and scheduling promotional campaigns and promotional efforts for the stations in the Tri-Cities and Yakima markets, interacting with media partners, assisting sales with sponsorship pitches, interacting with the community and actively working our social media efforts in the market. Spanish language bi-lingual preferred.
Description of Primary Duties
1) Organizes and coordinates all aspects of the promotion department.
2) Writes and aids in production of on-air TV and radio promos, billboards, bumpers and
voice-overs, press releases and other ads targeting a specific audience.
3) Researches and determines the most effective station advertising. Works as a media buyer.
4) Negotiates and places radio schedules.
5) Oversees on-air contests and special promotions.
6) Tracks station’s promotional materials and maintains contact with program distributors.
7) Prepares and files quarterly radio/FOX co-op submissions and maintains co-op files. (with
8) Reviews and processes incoming promo tapes and episodic generic promos.
9) Oversees scheduling of promotional spots and public service announcements on the daily
10) Oversees the promotion department budget.
11) Some management of web content and promotions.
12) Assists with overall social media marketing.
13) Coordinates and executes off-sight events.
14) Performs related duties as assigned.
15) Creates quarterly FCC reports as required. (with supervision)
Full Job Description