Viewers will soon be seeing quite a few new shows taking up the primetime schedule on Fox28 - starting this Fall with one drama, two comedies, and one new reality competition series. But just because these shows are ‘new’ doesn’t mean you won’t be recognizing storylines, actors, and showrunners from already existing media.
Monday nights will see Sleepy Hollow joining Bones to create a solid night of drama and mystery. This series is based on Washington Irving’s classic “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” and focuses on the exploits of recently resurrected hero Ichabod Crane as he tries to not only deal with the modern world but also with saving that world from his nemesis: The Headless Horseman. Sleepy Hollow was created by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci of Fringe fame, as well as Len Wiseman of the Underworld film franchise. It stars Tom Mison (Lost in Austen, Secret Diary of a Call Girl) as Ichabod Crane, Orlando Jones (Pushing Daisies, Everybody Hates Chris, MADTV) as Captain Frank Irving, and Nicole Beharie (Shame, 42) as Abbie Mills.
The first hour of the Tuesday night comedy line-up will be taken over by two new half hour shows – Dads and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Dads is executive produced by Seth MacFarlane and created by Alex Sulkin (Ted, Family Guy, The Cleveland Show) and Wellesley Wild (Family Guy). This multi-camera sitcom centers around the recently disrupted lives of a pair of friends who have their own video-game development company and now must deal with trouble-making fathers that want to live with them. It stars film actor Giovanni Ribisi (The Other Sister, Saving Private Ryan, Avatar, The Virgin Suicides) TV star Martin Mull (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Arrested Development, Two and a Half Men), Animal House alum Peter Riegert, and media jack-of-all-trades Seth Green (creator Robot Chicken, voice actor Family Guy, TV star Buffy the Vampire Slayer, film actor Evil Sexy Genius).
Brooklyn Nine-Nine is a single-camera comedy created by Daniel J. Goor and Michael Schur, who have both worked on shows such as Parks and Recreation). It stars Andy Samberg as a less-than-professional police detective who has to deal with a new overly-professional boss. Samberg has grown his comedic career by starring in films such as Hot Rod and That’s My Boy, as well as being a regular cast member on Saturday Night Live (creating the popular Digital Shorts segments along the way) and co-creating the novelty musical group Lonely Island. He is joined by award-winning actor Andre Braugher, who has starred in television shows including Men of a Certain Age, Thief, Hack, and Gideon’s Crossing.
These new scripted shows will be joined by the latest addition to the Masterchef franchise – Junior Masterchef – which will air on Friday nights. Hosted by Gordon Ramsay and judged by winemaker Joe Bastianich and chef Graham Elliot, this version of the long-running reality cooking competition will feature eight to thirteen year old children competing for prizes and fame. It is based on the popular UK and Australian Junior Masterchef series and will follow some similar challenges of the original Masterchef competition – though taken in new directions for the younger competitors.
Starting in early Fall, Sleepy Hollow will air on Mondays from 9-10pm, Dads will air on Tuesdays from 8-8:30pm and be followed by Brooklyn Nine-Nine from 8:30-9pm, and Junior Masterchef will air on Friday nights from 8-9pm.
Come back Wednesdays (usually) for more programming updates, alerts, announcements, and special features!
Post new comment
Recent blog posts
- Let's All Bask in the Sci-Fi Awesomeness That is Almost Human - Programming on Fox!
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Nineteen: Where Chocolate Becomes a Wonderfall, Geek Girls Meet, and I Play on the Radio
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Eighteen: Where I Hate Snow, Stuff My Face with Tacos, and Ponder Pretty Science Fiction
- Special Feature! - Get Involved in Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Special Feature! - Get Involved with Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Seventeen: Where I Turn Another Year Older, Try to Steal a Dragon, and Pet a Giant Tortoise
- Get Ready for Some Schedule Changes - Programming on FOX28!
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Sixteen: Where I Go on Hiatus, Family Invades Spokane, and Nothing Goes as Planned
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Fifteen: Where a Donut Tries to Kill Me, I Eat to Stop the Pain, and Sharks Fall from the Sky
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Fourteen: Where I Actually Find Snakes, See Giant Robots vs Giant Monsters, and Drink Lots of Wine