There isn't a whole lot of information out there about this new reality show yet, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth checking out. While it has taken Toxic Office: Does Someone Have to Go? a bit longer to find its place on the schedule than originally expected (and a name change or two), it will finally begin airing Thursday, May 23rd from 9-10pm with six new hour-long episodes to play through June.
The Fox Network released the following information in April about the show: New unscripted workplace experiment Toxic Office: Does Someone Have to Go? will premiere following the time period premiere of Hell's Kitchen (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. In the new six-episode series, the boardroom doors get blown wide open when employees are given the power to make some tough decisions. Frustrated bosses will hand over the reins of their companies to the employees, offering their respective staffs a chance to make changes in the workplace - even if it means letting co-workers go. Each participating office will have its own set of issues, which will force them to take a hard look at what's plaguing their workplace and answer the toughest question of all: Does someone have to go? Featured in the first two episodes of Toxic Office: Does Someone Have to Go? is Velocity Merchant Services (VMS), a family-owned business in Downers Grove, IL. When the family owners leave the company in the hands of their employees - including the owner's cousins and mother - the staff quickly learns that solving personnel issues isn't as easy as it looks. Forced to make difficult decisions and fix the company's problems, they also realize that blood may not be thicker than water.
Toxic Office is produced by Endemol USA, along with executive producers Cris Abrego, Ben Samek, Rabih Gholam, and Fernando Mills. This isn't the first reality series for any of these producing veterans. They're bringing experience on such shows as Rock of Love: Charm School, Flavor of Love, New York Goes to Work, The Surreal Life, Survivor, and The Amazing Race to the table and hopefully it will help them create another popular and entertaining unscripted series.
Come back Wednesdays (usually) for programming updates, alerts, and special announcements!
Post new comment
Recent blog posts
- Let's All Bask in the Sci-Fi Awesomeness That is Almost Human - Programming on Fox!
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Nineteen: Where Chocolate Becomes a Wonderfall, Geek Girls Meet, and I Play on the Radio
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Eighteen: Where I Hate Snow, Stuff My Face with Tacos, and Ponder Pretty Science Fiction
- Special Feature! - Get Involved in Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Special Feature! - Get Involved with Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Seventeen: Where I Turn Another Year Older, Try to Steal a Dragon, and Pet a Giant Tortoise
- Get Ready for Some Schedule Changes - Programming on FOX28!
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Sixteen: Where I Go on Hiatus, Family Invades Spokane, and Nothing Goes as Planned
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Fifteen: Where a Donut Tries to Kill Me, I Eat to Stop the Pain, and Sharks Fall from the Sky
- Adventures in Spokane - Part Fourteen: Where I Actually Find Snakes, See Giant Robots vs Giant Monsters, and Drink Lots of Wine