We are only weeks away from the BIG GAME! That’s right, the holiday that requires just about as much baking as Thanksgiving…it’s Superbowl time! FOX 28 has got your back! We will be sharing several recipes each week to help you gear up for this huge day of eating, entertaining, and (hopefully) cheering while the Seahawks win by a landslide!
The first on our list of game-day goodies is a favorite at all of my parties, Bacon Cheeseburger Dip! Check out the instructions below, and if you try it out, let us know how it worked in the comments under this post!
Hey, do you have any great football-worthy recipes? Send them to us on our Facebook or send me an email @ email@example.com
Prep Time: 15 mins ~ Cook Time: 30 mins ~ Total Time: 45 mins
- ½ pound ground beef
- 6 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1+ clove garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoon ketchup
- Cook the ground beef in a pan over medium heat, set it aside and drain the grease from the pan. Cook the bacon in the pan until crispy, about 6-10 minutes, set aside and drain all but a tablespoon of the grease.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute. Mix the ground beef, bacon, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella, cheddar, worcestershire sauce and ketchup and pour it into a baking dish. *it can be set aside at this point in the refrigerator with a lid on it – to cook a chilled dish, either take out to bring to room temperature or put baking dish in the oven while the oven pre-heats
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the top starts turning a light golden brown and then sides are bubbling, about 20-30 minutes. You could top with some lettuce and tomatoes. Serve with slices of bread, pita chips, celery, or lettuce – whatever you would like for dipping.