It’s time for the Big Game and you know what that means…food. Our recipe of the week is actually two fantastic variations on the mainstay of the party platter: Deviled Eggs. Enjoy!
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp rice vinegar
- ¾ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked, crisp, and crumbled
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half, lengthwise
- Carefully remove the yokes and place them into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Use a whisk to whip and mash the yokes.
- Add the mayonnaise, rice vinegar, ground mustard, and sugar then continue whipping until
- you have a creamy texture.
- Add the bacon and chopped Jalapenos!
- Fill eggs and arrange eggs on a platter.
- Finish with a sprinkle with paprika
The next recipe is from the geniuses over at http://www.skinnytaste.com
Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled
- 1 medium haas avocado
- 2-3 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeno
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp diced tomato
- pinch chile powder (for garnish)
- Follow Directions 1-3 above
- Mix in lime juice, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Gently add tomato.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls of the guacamole into the eggs, sprinkle them with the paprika, and gently arrange them on a platter!
Don’t forget to check back each week for more fantastic fox foodie recipes!